Monday, August 15, 2011

GP is doing wery well all things considered

So  I will get to the bad news first. 

Two broken wrist...   Hospital had to fly in a special plate thus delaying surgery for a day.
Possible broken ribs
Small factures in a couple vertebra....   mostly those little bones that hold the muscle in place.
Fractured cheek bone and black eyes.
Not sure if he is missing any new teeth.
Medi-vac from Columbus ,MT to Billings, MT at around 1pm Saturday
Short term memory loss. Giving him a mirror helped him believe that he crashed.
A little bit on long term memory loss. 
He is still piecing all of his memories together
Has no memory of the crash..   ( I will try to find out more from the MHP)
Sleeps a ton.

Now for the good news.
GP is hard to kill.
He can walk, talk, and stand even though he's not supposed to.
Staff has said that GP has been a pleasure to deal with. Still the class clown even though he's busted up.
Neck is fine. 
He says his ribs don't hurt but that may be the drugs.
Everything below his ribs are fine.

THE HELMUT SAVED HIS LIFE!


So,  If you would like to help me out..   I need photos to jog his memory.  Please post a comment with a link to photos of rides ect...

Now for what I have planned.

See him off to surgery if I get there in time.
Chat with the Case Management Dept. about the VA info.
Get his phone back to him.   Please limit the calls for now as he will have a hard time holding the phone. Also  ,  The staff will not tell you anything if you call.... so, no need to waste their time. They are bound by law not to say anything to non kin. 

I ended getting his credit card locked up due to fraud protection while buying gas on the way here.  I will try to get that unlocked as well.   I took his $240 out of his wallet and I have another card to get my backup driver "G-Man" and I by for a few days...   

I am staying about 10 minutes out of Billings in Laurel ,MT  The state fair is this week and all hotels are booked and or at double rates in Billings, MT.

Feel free to text or call me,  my number is listed below.


If all goes well he might be released in under week. 
His length of stay will determine whether or not I drive his bike back and fly him home.

I am doing fine...  I'm not the emotional type. Though I need sleep after 19.5 hours of driving.  Thank god for RED BULL!

More info tommarow.

No comments:

Post a Comment